We are very happy to invite you to our Semester Closing event after the Austrian government has announced there would not be numeric limitations in gastronomy and other activity premises from June 15. Before we all hit it off into a relaxing summer break, we would like to see as many of you as possible at Lake Neusiedl in Burgenland, especially because we have not had a chance to meet up many times this semester and have been missing each other! Since the last day of classes for our programme is 29/6, which is a Monday, we will be having our event on Saturday, 4/7.
We will leave Vienna in the morning by train and spend the day at Lake Neusiedl, one of Europe’s flatest lakes and only around one hour train ride from Vienna where we can enjoy swimming, sunbathing and diving. Burgenland is known for its extraordinary wines, so in late afternoon, we will move on to one of the local family-owned Heuriger in Jois where we will enjoy the rest of the evening with food and drinks. Around 23:00 CET we will take the train back to Vienna.
We would like to ask you to please pay the entrance to the lake yourself. As it stands, this is €4,80 for students under the age of 25 and €5,50 for others (https://www.neusiedlamsee.at/tourismus/freizeit/strandbad/). You do not need to transfer money to us – you can pay yourself at the entrance directly. As for the train ride, no railway cards are required, so your job is just to come along and take a seat 🙂
- 11:15 · Departure from Wien Hauptbahnhof to Neusiedl am See, platform 12A-B
- 12:05 · Arrival to Neusiedl am See Bad Bahnhof
- 17:53 · Departure from Neusiedl am See Bad Bahnhof to Jois, platform 2A-B
- 18:02 · Arrival to Jois Bahnhof
- 18:05 · Heuriger: Saliterhof Jois – Das Heurigenrestaurant, Bahnstraße 2, 7093 Jois
- 22:51 · Departure from Jois Bahnhof to Vienna, platform 6A-B
- 23:43 · Arrival to Wien Hauptbahnhof